1. Are you feeling happy or sad?
    Let everyone know how your feeling....
    Click the mood icon under your avatar!.
  2. ARHQ Welcomes All DCRST Members to the Site!!!!
    Dismiss Notice

Whos Looking Foward To China?

Discussion in 'F1 Series' started by fourmatic, Mar 30, 2013.

1. fourmatic

fourmatic New Member

Practice 1 starts in 12 days 6 hours as of writing this. How do you guys think the weekend will look? I'm not a huge fan of the track at Shanghai but its not my least favorite.

I think tires are going to be less of an issue this weekend so the drivers can focus a bit more. Hoping to see Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa one, two this race. Though that's pretty unlikely.

2. alexqueiros

alexqueiros New Member

I'm not a big fan of the track, but I'm very interested to see what happens over at Red Bull. This could be a McLaren 2007 kind of situation, except earlier in the season and it'll be interesting to see how they deal with it.

3. fourmatic

fourmatic New Member

I'm just hoping this pushes Webber a little harder, I you don't want to be in situations like this, you have to be a better driver. Regardless if he "thought" Seb was going to pass him or not, he should have been ready because hes a race car driver. I guess all of this is easy to say as an outsider.

I wish they did more interviews because I have yet to see Nico's reaction to being held back by Mercedes. That's another thing that might raise some interesting situations next weekend.

4. alexqueiros

alexqueiros New Member

Agreed. If Webber can get a front row spot and do a proper start for once, he can easily win a race, whether he isn't a commited race driver or not.

There also seems to be some rumours that Red Bull decreased Mark's engine power and not Seb's, so I don't know how it may pan out.

5. fourmatic

fourmatic New Member

Well they turned both of their engines down because they were well ahead of Lewis and Nico, but that is controlled on each drivers steering wheel. What happened was Mark listened and Sebastian didn't and cruised right past. They only have 5 engines a season w/out taking penalties so they really try to baby them at the end of races. I don't think the garage would purposely keep one car slower than the other for an entire race. Don't quote me on that, maybe they would but if was in the turned down car, I'd be mad as hell.

6. fourmatic

fourmatic New Member

7. alexqueiros

alexqueiros New Member

For now maybe, but Red Bull will always have this kind of issues within them, at least for as long as they have Webber and Vettel on the team. Helmut Marko isn't exactly the most likable person around aswell.

8. vroomvroom

vroomvroom New Member

Really? What don't you like about it? I think it looks amazing. I'd kill to be there. One of these days...

9. alexqueiros

alexqueiros New Member

Can't say I'm a fan of the track aswell. It's just another of Tilke's cookie-cutter tracks.